Thursday, May 19, 2011

Potatoes!

I love potatoes, they have always been one of my favorites.

One of my most requested recipes is for my Baked Joe-Joes.  It is a very basic recipe, but delicious and perfect for first recipe of this blog,

Joe-Joes

Ingredients:

Potatoes (I usually estimate one large potato per person)
Oil (Olive, Vegetable, or whatever you prefer, I usually use Canola, the flavor is best for potatoes)
Seasoning Salt*

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes and scrub the skin well.  Cut them lengthwise into eighths and arrange in a baking dish.
2.  Drizzle oil over the top of the potatoes and sprinkle with seasoning salt (add more or less to taste).
3.  Bake at 400 until a fork can be easily inserted into the center of the fattest part of the potato.

*Seasoning Salt can be replaced by garlic salt, fresh herbs, chili powder ( I like chipotle chili powder), or you can use seasonings that echo those in your main dish.

Enjoy!

These are great with burgers or steak!  Always make extra, they go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment