Thursday, May 26, 2011

Steak Fajitas

My new husband and I discovered this marinade when we were dating.  The first time we made it, my husband took one bite, cut off another slice, ran into my roommate's room and demanded she try it!  It truly is delicious and we've enjoyed it with pretty much every cut of beef with variations in the main marinade.

I play with the spices, adding chipotle chili powder to add a kick, or I change the lime juice to lemon or even orange juice.  For a sweeter taste balsamic vinegar can be used in place of the white vinegar.

The vinegar and lime juice tenderize the meat, so it makes even the toughest cuts turn out tender.





Carnitas Steak Marinade

Ingredients:

1/3 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika

  • Marinade from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taqueria-Style-Tacos---Carne-Asada/Detail.aspx

  • Last night I made this with sauted bell pepper and onion, turning it into steak fajitas.  It was delicious!  My husband I couldn't help going back for seconds.

  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment