Saturday, May 21, 2011

Salmon

Tomorrow night I am making salmon.  There are a few ways I love my salmon and I can't decide which I will pick.

 My mom picked up one recipe in Alaska that involves coating the salmon in chunks of butter and brown sugar, and barbecuing it on a cedar plank.  I do just that, but instead of a cedar plank and barbecue, I just wrap the fish in foil and broil it in the oven.

Another way I love to cook salmon is with a savory, lemony seasoning.  I rinse the fillet, pat dry, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper.  Then I broil until the flesh pulls apart easily with a fork.  I love it this way.  Instead of lemon pepper, seasoning salt or seafood seasoning can be used, or even Cajun seasoning for a little spice!  I always keep some extra lemon wedges on hand when I serve it.

Tomorrow night I think I will be trying salmon with seafood seasoning, fresh herbs, and lemon rounds, wrapped in foil and broiled in the oven.  Alongside we will have steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes, maybe rice if my husband asks (he loves rice).

Yum!  Have a blessed Sunday!

P.S. Aren't you all glad we weren't raptured?  The Bible says, no one will know the day or the hour!  But I am happy to know that when the rapture does occur, I will be in heaven with my creator singing his praises!

2 comments:

  1. I love lemon salmon! I have a great recipe that uses butter, dill, onion and lemon. So good!

    ReplyDelete